Summer is here which means longer days, more sun, and time outside. Whether you have an apartment balcony, backyard oasis, or small porch, there are tons of ways to create your ideal outdoor living space with these 8 tips.
- Comfort – Our first tip is to design your space around comfortability. Think about how much sunlight the space gets whether you will need a shade. Also, if you want to use the space year-round, consider getting an outdoor heater for the winter or a fan for the summer to keep your space cool.
- Plant Selection – Build an outdoor oasis with easy-care greenery in and around your space. Plants, flowers, and shrubs are great choices to build a space. Don’t forget to add color to your plant selection!
- Layout – When designing a space from scratch or redesigning your current landscape, the layout is key. Every part of your outdoor area should have a logical and functional connection.
- Furnishings – Appropriate furniture depends on the size of the space. For an apartment or condo balcony, consider a set of oversized outdoor chairs. For a larger backyard, you can create a dining space, relaxing space, and entertaining spot.
- Lighting – Make sure you have the proper lighting to illuminate outdoor cooking areas and to create visual interest in your yard or balcony. With the right lighting, you can enjoy your outdoor space throughout the night.
- Fire – When evenings are cool, you can extend your entertaining season with a fire pit and comfortable seating. Great for roasting marshmallows too!
- Pool – A backyard pool is the ultimate summer space. If you are considering building a private pool, remember resale value!
- Ambiance – Overall, the best part about an outdoor space is the ambiance. You want to create a location with enough space to entertain family and friends where everyone feels comfortable and is ready to have some summer fun.